Sunday 20 October 2013

Quote for the Week


I love this quote and it's been very apt for me lately. I have been growing a lot the last couple of weeks and enjoying every minute of it. My creative juices have been flowing and I found myself really enjoying what I have been creating. I think when life throws something unexpected your way, it is important to rise to the challenge.
When a cover for my latest book fell through not once but twice, I wondered what I was going to do. I couldn't find another cover that would suit my book and I knew a custom made one by a cover designer couldn't be done before my book was ready to publish. So I pulled up my sleeves and educated my self on cover design!
I guess  I am quite lucky as I have always had a knack for picking things up when it comes to using technology (my family say I have a gift!). I ended up with a cover that was more what I wanted than the pre-made one I was going to take and I enjoyed doing it so much. I never would have done it if it hadn't been for the fact it had become so necessary to try. I'm glad it did!
This week be creative. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it or that you're not good enough. Instead break some rules, do things different and try something new. You may be really surprised at the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment